The University of California at Irvine (UC-I) online IOT Certificate program provides students with the knowledge and skills required to take advantage of this next major shift in technologies and the related exponential growth in the job demand. We will explore the tools, technologies, platforms and languages used to create exciting new connected devices. According to the Gartner research organization, 75% of executives are currently pursuing IoT related products and/or processes in their organization to drive business value. The economic impact of IoT is estimated to be between $10-15 trillion in the next 5-10 years. The program is designed to help both individuals and business leverage this new and exciting technological wave, understand the related technologies and create solutions that focus on the benefits of simple interactivity and large-scale connectivity.
- Understand the business opportunities of Ambient Computing and IoT
- Design organic computing devices that sense, perceive, and react appropriately
- Have fun using new technologies that will be an ever-increasing part of our future
- Identify the main components of IoT devices
- Understand the concept of Ambient Intelligence to increase personal and industry productivity and effectiveness
- Utilize IoT standards for interoperability, machine-to-machine communication, and security
- Utilize a variety of techniques to connect to and read sensor data
- Explain different IoT technologies and their applications
- Discern the basic functionality of the Arduino and Raspberry Pi hardware systems
- Understand how to secure and monitor the entire system of devices, the connectivity, and the information exchange
- Identify related network concepts including cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth LE, ZigBee, and ZWave
- Orchestrate signals and objects to fulfill complex events or end-to-end business processes
The next course starts October 8, 2018. Follow this link to learn more.